1 large piece of blue fun foam
1 large piece of green glitter fun foam
1 large piece of orange glitter fun foam
1 bag of ocean foam sticker shapes that have sea horses (I used Funky Foam Ocean stickers found at Hobby Lobby)
medium wiggle eyes
Book: Somewhere in the Ocean by Jennifer Ward and T.J. Marsh, illustrated by Kenneth J. Spengler
Somewhere in the Ocean is a counting picture book of various ocean animals. The words are actually part of a song which children love to hear when reading the book. The pictures are colorful and engaging. There is also a reference section in the back of the book giving more information on the ocean animals featured in the book.
Optional Book: Mr. Seahorse by Eric Carle
1. Trace the student’s hands on the back of green glitter fun foam. You will need at least 4 traced hands.
2 Cut out the hands.
3. Glue the “seaweed” hands to a large piece of blue fun foam.
4. Glue the pre-cut big sea horse onto the piece of blue fun foam. (Use the sea horse pattern and trace onto orange glitter fun foam)
5. Place a wiggle eye onto the sea horse.
6. Place seven sticker fun foam sea horses onto the page. Optional: Use the pattern to cut out 7 smaller sea horses to glue onto the page.
Ocean fun foam stickers
Place a sticker on a piece of chipboard. Make sure there are matching pairs.
To receive the latest updates from Spell Outloud click here to subscribe to this blog