There are days when my kids attend class in their pajamas. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if half the class was in their pajamas! CurrClick online homeschool classes are one of my family’s favorite homeschool resources. We have taken several of their online classes over the years.
Why Online Homeschool Classes?
I have 7 children and I work from home. I need to outsource some of the teaching. CurrClick online classes have helped supplement my children’s homeschool education and usually at least one of my kids is taking a class at CurrClick each semester. Sometimes it is a core class, such as Gov’t 101, and other times it is an elective– just for fun class. Here’s why we keep turning to CurrClick:
- classes are affordable
- variety of classes for all ages – from academic to pure fun (Lego club etc.)
- teachers are screened (background checked)
- teachers are professional
- ability for students to interact with each other
- recording of the class available
- homework grading option available for certain classes
- no need to fill up the gas tank because I don’t have to leave home
- no need to make sure everyone is dressed and ready at the same time because we don’t leave home
How Does It Work?
I created a YouTube video giving a sneak peek of one of our CurrClick classes. It shows the Live Class homepage, how to get to your class homepage, and what a live class looks like.
In order to take the classes you will need:
- high-speed internet connection
- a computer or iPad (download the free Adobe Connect Mobile app)
- recent version of Adobe Flash Player
- microphone (optional– depends on the class)
- web camera (optional- depends on the class)
- working speakers
Classes might have additional supplies needed, such as textbooks, ebooks, or science lab materials. Each teacher will send you an email with all that pertinent information.
As a parent, I appreciate knowing that I don’t have to prepare for a class yet my child is getting a good educational experience. During the live class, if my child has a question, he can type it in the chat box and the teacher will respond. My child is not passively watching the class–like a DVD–but he has the opportunity to interactive with other students and the teacher. In one class my kids took, they broke out into study groups, did Reader’s Theater, and had to do collaborative projects– all from the ease of our own home!
CurrClick Online Classes:
Over the years we have taken several CurrClick online classes. This 2012-2013 school year my children took Gov’t 101 from Founder’s Academy, High School Lit. 101 from Lessons Worth Learning, and Science Jim’s Shocking Static Electricity class. Here are some of my past CurrClick blog posts:
If you have been looking for a resource to help supplement your child’s homeschool education, I encourage you to look at what CurrClick has to offer. Be sure to connect with them on Twitter and Facebook to stay up to date on the latest news!
Don’t Just Take My Word for It
Check out what these bloggers think too!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post and it contains affiliate links. You can sign up to be an affiliate too! It is a great way pay for these classes. I only recommend sites that I use and find valuable. CurrClick is one of those sites. Thank you in advance for supporting Spell Outloud.